SIGN IN
  • Home
  • Events
  • Content
  • People
  • Help
Sign In
Sign in or Join the community to continue

Blockchain, Smart Contracts and NFTs: What is Web3 and Why Does It Matter?

Posted Jan 25
SPEAKERS
Michelle Abbs
Michelle Abbs
Michelle Abbs
Managing Director @ Mana Tech

I have spent my career dreaming up bold visions that scare the heck out of people and making them a reality.

At a macro level, I build brands through action and a strong standard of excellence. In the fields of technology, entrepreneurship and education, I have forged strategic partnerships and created signature events.

At a micro level, I serve as a leader of leaders and have catalyzed individuals to reach their highest potential.

Launched Mana Tech brand for Miami real estate mogul and solidified our organization's role at the forefront of the Miami Tech community through partnerships with the most respected tech leaders. Envisioned, organized and executed NFT BZL the premier NFT conference held during Miami Art Week attracting over 4,000 attendees. Ran an accelerator program for female founders with the #1 school in Entrepreneurial Education.

Featured in Forbes as top Woman in NFT and named one of Top 16 Most Influential Women in NFTs.

Founder Web3 Equity.

+ Read More

I have spent my career dreaming up bold visions that scare the heck out of people and making them a reality.

At a macro level, I build brands through action and a strong standard of excellence. In the fields of technology, entrepreneurship and education, I have forged strategic partnerships and created signature events.

At a micro level, I serve as a leader of leaders and have catalyzed individuals to reach their highest potential.

Launched Mana Tech brand for Miami real estate mogul and solidified our organization's role at the forefront of the Miami Tech community through partnerships with the most respected tech leaders. Envisioned, organized and executed NFT BZL the premier NFT conference held during Miami Art Week attracting over 4,000 attendees. Ran an accelerator program for female founders with the #1 school in Entrepreneurial Education.

Featured in Forbes as top Woman in NFT and named one of Top 16 Most Influential Women in NFTs.

Founder Web3 Equity.

+ Read More
Gianni D'Alerta
Gianni D'Alerta
Gianni D'Alerta
Blockchain & Marketing Consultant @ NAKA - NFT Non Fungible, Blockchain & Marketing Consulting

Gianni D’Alerta has been working in technology, branding, and marketing for more than 20 years, beginning his career during the first dot com boom at one of Miami’s first ISPs. Gianni’s insatiable curiosity drew him to the blockchain industry in 2013 where he was an early supporter of Ethereum. Most recently, D’Alerta worked alongside Ethereum’s founder Anthony Di Iorio at Decentral/Jaxx as the Director of Marketing, leading the organization’s global branding initiatives. Earlier in his career, D’Alerta was an early employee of gaming hardware company Alienware – which was later acquired by Dell – where he led design initiatives and created the iconic identity seen by millions today.

Specialties: Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Automation, Channel Strategy, CRM Management, Brand Strategy, Online Lead Generation, Remarketing, Email Marketing, Segmentation, Managing In House & Outsourced Creative Teams, EcommerceGianni D’Alerta has been working in technology, branding, and marketing for more than 20 years, beginning his career during the first dot com boom at one of Miami’s first ISPs. Gianni’s insatiable curiosity drew him to the blockchain industry in 2013 where he was an early supporter of Ethereum. Most recently, D’Alerta worked alongside Ethereum’s founder Anthony Di Iorio at Decentral/Jaxx as the Director of Marketing, leading the organization’s global branding initiatives. Earlier in his career, D’Alerta was an early employee of gaming hardware company Alienware – which was later acquired by Dell – where he led design initiatives and created the iconic identity seen by millions today. Specialties: Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Automation, Channel Strategy, CRM Management, Brand Strategy, Online Lead Generation, Remarketing, Email Marketing, Segmentation, Managing In House & Outsourced Creative Teams, Ecommerce

+ Read More

Gianni D’Alerta has been working in technology, branding, and marketing for more than 20 years, beginning his career during the first dot com boom at one of Miami’s first ISPs. Gianni’s insatiable curiosity drew him to the blockchain industry in 2013 where he was an early supporter of Ethereum. Most recently, D’Alerta worked alongside Ethereum’s founder Anthony Di Iorio at Decentral/Jaxx as the Director of Marketing, leading the organization’s global branding initiatives. Earlier in his career, D’Alerta was an early employee of gaming hardware company Alienware – which was later acquired by Dell – where he led design initiatives and created the iconic identity seen by millions today.

Specialties: Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Automation, Channel Strategy, CRM Management, Brand Strategy, Online Lead Generation, Remarketing, Email Marketing, Segmentation, Managing In House & Outsourced Creative Teams, EcommerceGianni D’Alerta has been working in technology, branding, and marketing for more than 20 years, beginning his career during the first dot com boom at one of Miami’s first ISPs. Gianni’s insatiable curiosity drew him to the blockchain industry in 2013 where he was an early supporter of Ethereum. Most recently, D’Alerta worked alongside Ethereum’s founder Anthony Di Iorio at Decentral/Jaxx as the Director of Marketing, leading the organization’s global branding initiatives. Earlier in his career, D’Alerta was an early employee of gaming hardware company Alienware – which was later acquired by Dell – where he led design initiatives and created the iconic identity seen by millions today. Specialties: Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Automation, Channel Strategy, CRM Management, Brand Strategy, Online Lead Generation, Remarketing, Email Marketing, Segmentation, Managing In House & Outsourced Creative Teams, Ecommerce

+ Read More
Barron Channer
Barron Channer
Barron Channer
Board Chairman @ Black Angels Miami

I am a Miami-based entrepreneurial investor, corporate citizen and philanthropist. Business activity centers around real estate investments and services. Community interests revolve around increasing prosperity for disadvantaged community, expanding technology education and increasing access to venture capital for Miami entrepreneurs.

+ Read More

I am a Miami-based entrepreneurial investor, corporate citizen and philanthropist. Business activity centers around real estate investments and services. Community interests revolve around increasing prosperity for disadvantaged community, expanding technology education and increasing access to venture capital for Miami entrepreneurs.

+ Read More
Pierina Merino
Pierina Merino
Pierina Merino
CEO & Founder @ FlickPlay

Pierina is the Founder and CEO of FlickPlay. FlickPlay is the real-life application for the explosion of digital art and collectibles. As a part social part game platform, at FlickPlay people can unlock, flex and rent digital collectibles. FlickPlay's map allows for users to interact in real-time with digital experiences around them.

Pierina has worked across different creative industries for the past 10 years. From designing large-scale architectural projects for Frank Gehry to leading creative and design strategy for premium VR experiences for luxury fashion brands. Her career has circled around innovation and pushing the boundaries of technology to bring the physical and digital worlds closer together. Previous to founding FlickPlay, she launched and led the first 3D-printed product brand to sell at Nordstrom, nationally.

Speaker for United Nations Women (ONU), Ladies Wine & Design (LWD), USC Marshall MSEI Program.

+ Read More

Pierina is the Founder and CEO of FlickPlay. FlickPlay is the real-life application for the explosion of digital art and collectibles. As a part social part game platform, at FlickPlay people can unlock, flex and rent digital collectibles. FlickPlay's map allows for users to interact in real-time with digital experiences around them.

Pierina has worked across different creative industries for the past 10 years. From designing large-scale architectural projects for Frank Gehry to leading creative and design strategy for premium VR experiences for luxury fashion brands. Her career has circled around innovation and pushing the boundaries of technology to bring the physical and digital worlds closer together. Previous to founding FlickPlay, she launched and led the first 3D-printed product brand to sell at Nordstrom, nationally.

Speaker for United Nations Women (ONU), Ladies Wine & Design (LWD), USC Marshall MSEI Program.

+ Read More
Raman Frey
Raman Frey
Raman Frey
Moderator. Co-founder @ Good People Dinners

For the last 20 years, I've built companies and communities in the Bay Area, bringing people together around meaningful conversations about art, technology, religion, politics and philosophy. I've started a variety of businesses and served on the boards of several organizations.

In 2012 I founded Good People Dinners, a Bay Area community that fosters substantive discussions, usually over food and drink. These dinners, corporate salons, overnights and retreats bring together professional chefs and speakers on a wide range of topics. GP Dinners has produced over 250 events and counting.

In the fall of 2020, with partner Karin Johnson, we purchased a former summer camp in the mountains near Yosemite National Park. Camp Earnest's 21 acres include a rental house, several cabins, two three season bell tents, dining lodge, bathhouse (Finnish sauna and cedar hot tub coming!), a small outdoor amphitheater, a year round creek and meadow and a meditation and movement hall.

+ Read More

For the last 20 years, I've built companies and communities in the Bay Area, bringing people together around meaningful conversations about art, technology, religion, politics and philosophy. I've started a variety of businesses and served on the boards of several organizations.

In 2012 I founded Good People Dinners, a Bay Area community that fosters substantive discussions, usually over food and drink. These dinners, corporate salons, overnights and retreats bring together professional chefs and speakers on a wide range of topics. GP Dinners has produced over 250 events and counting.

In the fall of 2020, with partner Karin Johnson, we purchased a former summer camp in the mountains near Yosemite National Park. Camp Earnest's 21 acres include a rental house, several cabins, two three season bell tents, dining lodge, bathhouse (Finnish sauna and cedar hot tub coming!), a small outdoor amphitheater, a year round creek and meadow and a meditation and movement hall.

+ Read More
SUMMARY

Web3 is getting a lot of attention. In fact, Collins Dictionary’s word of the year for 2021 was “NFT.” In tech circles, news about the Bored Ape Yacht Club and Beeple’s NFT sale made the headlines.

There’s also a lot of confusion about web3. For instance, do NFTs simply represent ownership of a digital asset or is there more to it than that? Also, what do blockchain, smart contracts and NFTs mean to your business?

In this event from Refresh Miami and Lohika, a panel of entrepreneurs and investors will explain what Web3 is. Next, they’ll discuss related business opportunities in the present and future.

This event is produced in conjunction with Refresh Miami.

+ Read More

Watch More

1:00
Posted Jan 23 | Views 473
See more