Web3 is the next evolution of the Internet. If Web 2.0 was about user-generated content and social media platforms, Web3 is about decentralized services powered by the blockchain. Smart contracts and NFTs are Web3 technologies that run on the blockchain.
There’s also a lot of confusion about web3. For instance, do NFTs simply represent ownership of a digital asset or is there more to it than that? Also, what does blockchain, smart contracts and NFTs mean to your business?
The Potential of Blockchain Technology
The PwC “Time for trust” report found that blockchain technology could increase global GDP by $1.76 trillion by 2030.
According to Lucy Gazmararian, Crypto and FinTech Advisory, PwC Hong Kong, “Blockchain has the potential to cut costs, speed up transactions and promote greater financial inclusion by streamlining cross-border and remittance payments. These powerful innovations will transform payments infrastructure.”
For the latest of our Lohika Re:think online event series, we gathered a panel of women experts in Web3 and blockchain to discuss the current and future of these technologies.
- Cindy-Anne Lewis, Global Head of Marketing at Capgemini Engineering and Lohika
- Teagan Kline, Co-Founder & Head of Business at Edge & Node
- Olga Mack, Vice President, CEO at Parley Pro
- Chelsea Rustrum, Founder of Blockchain for Good
- Michelle Abbs, Founder & CEO at Web3 Equity
- Yasmine Morrison, Early-stage Investor at Florida Funders
- Terminology: Web3, blockchain, bitcoin, crypto, DeFi and distributed ledger technology (DLT). Are they the same thing? How do they relate to one another?
- How will Web3 and blockchain transform payment infrastructure?
- Interesting use cases of Web3 and blockchain technologies
- Factors shaping the future of Web3 and blockchain technologies
- How to encourage more women leaders in the Web3 and blockchain industries
- What can Web3 and blockchain make possible tomorrow that isn’t possible today?
Reasons to Attend
- Hear from leading experts in Web3 and blockchain technology
- Understand Web3 and blockchain today and what the future holds
- Get your questions answered by an expert panel
- Participate in video-based breakout rooms with the panelists